Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Travel destinations

I wrote a little about the food club in my last post, so I won't repeat it.

I asked the floormates at dinner tonight where they thought I should travel to. As Suzanne was there (the Norwegian girl), they were very quick to say not Norway. The perception of Norway is that is is very expensive (compared to Copenhagen, I find it hard to believe). Jonas had a humorous story about going to a grocery store in Norway and they only had half-cucumbers for sale. "They can't even afford whole cucumbers!" Suzanne said Norway is the place to go when you are retired and can afford it. :) She said when she is retired she'll take a boat trip up the coast.

The general perception was to steer clear of Germany too. "Nothing there besides factories." After a little debate they decided that there wasn't any nature in Germany at all (besides Bavaria perhaps). Obviously the Danes were poking fun at some of their neighbors. :) They said if I was in Vienna that was plenty for Germany/Austria ("it's all the same"). Spain and southern France had high marks, as did the beaches in Croatia/Greece.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These people are a hoot! Glad you're getting advice from them and it seems like your are really enjoying everything that you are doing!!
S

Anonymous said...

The beaches sound good to me. Dad

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the group is fun and that is good to hear. :)
CBS

Anonymous said...

Have a great time traveling Eric. I'm sure it will be exciting wherever you go. Mom